Thursday, November 1, 2007

All Saints Day

Dark Angel
9" x 12"
watercolors
This was the day that I chose to have my daughter christened, when she was a baby, some years ago. I had pushed her stroller to the door so that she could enjoy the trick or treaters who came to our door the night before, on Halloween. Then, on All Saints Day, which fell on Sunday that year, we dressed up, and took her to church to be christened. I dressed her in a white, lacy and ruffled gown, and a cap that was supposed to be made so that threads could be snipped and it could be used as a handkerchief to carry when she married. After church, we went out to eat, then went visiting during the afternoon.
Today, All Saints Day is kind of quiet with one granson in school, the other working, and I'm painting. My daughter, who was the one who was christened in the entry above, is busy running errands. She probably has not thought that this was a special day in her life.
I like the way this angel turned out. I thought that her face was hidden a bit too much in her hair, when I first painted it, but, the more I look at her, the more I like the way it is.
Let me know if you see something of interest to you. Please share with others. And, a big thank you to all of you who send comments on my blog.
Join my group, if you haven't done so already. There is a bit more art work there.
If you are in the area tomorrow evening, Friday, be sure to go to downtown Bryan to the big Art Step event. I'll have work there for the Art Auction, and there will be lots more artists in various places. Also, there will be carriage rides, food, readings, demonstrations by artists, music, and entertainment. Sounds like a fun event!
I would love to send some art work to a new home, where it can be enjoyed and appreciated!
Here are some links where you can read more about the art event.
http://www.downtownbryan.com/docs/artstep_downtownbryan.pdf
http://www.downtownbryan.com/activities_events.shtml
http://www.framegallerydowntown.com/
http://www.lifeinthebrazos.com/articles/arts_in_brazos
Hope to see you there!
Be sure to visit the links on my sidebar. Lots of things of interest there. If you want to read my posts on Macular Degeneration, go to my archives and read the older posts. All those that are on AMD are prefaced with the word, "vision". There will be more on that subject later.

No comments: